DEED TAX - $.50 PER $500 or fraction thereof
MORTGAGE TAX - $.15 PER $100 or fraction thereof
THE FOLLOWING RECORDING FEES ARE COLLECTED ON ALL DOCUMENTS EXCEPT THE ONES SPECIFICALLY SET OUT BELOW:
- $16.00 for the 1st page plus $3.00 for each additional page
- $1.00 "No Tax Collected" stamp on deeds, mortgages and leases where we do not collect tax
- $1.00 for each additional grantee, grantor (you are allowed 2 grantees, 2 grantors)
Satisfaction of mortgage - $11.00 for the 1st page and $3.00 for each additional page.
Plats - $100.00
If maps contain more than 20 lots - $5.00 per additional lot.
$10.00 for each additional page (maximum fee $200)
Notary Bonds - $28.00
Corporations (submit original & 2 copies, 2 separate checks)
Profit Corp, Non-Profit, LLC, etc - $53.00 & $100.00 to Secretary of State
Dissolution Profit Corp, Non-Profit, or LLC - $53.00 & $100.00 to Secretary of State
Amendments (ALL) - $28.00 & $50.00 to Secretary of State Change of Reg. Office or Agent is filed ONLY with Secretary of State
All UCC's must be typed
UCC Financing Statements and Continuations (1 or 2 pages) - $25.00 & $2.00 per additional page over 2.
UCC Assignments, Amendments, Subordination and Partial Releases (1 or 2 pages) - $20.00 & $2.00 per additional page over 2.
UCC Terminations – no charge
Need the most recent UCC #
Note: Mortgage Tax due on amount of indebtedness
Each additional name $1.00
Cross index in real estate $1.00
Non-standard form fee $5.00
Our recording fees as of October 1, 2008 are listed below:
Deeds $16.00 for the first page and $3.00 each additional page plus deed tax
Mortgage $16.00 for the first page and $3.00 each additional page plus mortgage tax
Miscellaneous $11.00 for the first page and $3.00 each additional page. This includes Judgements, Affidavits, Assignments, Releases, Liens, Agreements, etc.
Additional recording fee on deeds and mortgages when there are more than two grantors or grantees/mortgagors or mortgagees are $1.00 per extra name over two. This also includes AKA, FKA, KNA, WTTA and any other way a name is to be indexed. This is on deeds and mortgages only!
Tax Exempted instruments have a $1.00 no tax fee
Certified Copies $3.00 for the certification and $1.00 per page
Deed Tax $.50 per $500.00
Mortgage Tax $.15 per $100.00
Please check and be sure the instruments to be recorded have:
- Purchase price or today’s value on the deed
- Name and address of person who prepared the instrument
- Instruments are notarized and include the notary date of expiration
- Instruments are in correct order to be recorded
- The check is for correct amount and signed
- Instruments have correct person or company to be returned to after recording
- Mailed instruments have self-addressed stamped envelopes to return recorded documents in
- Includes the Exhibits and they are legible
- Lauderdale County property
- Corrective deeds must have it stated on the instrument what is being corrected
- Releases have book and page of instrument being released
- We record originals only, no copies
- No highlighting on documents to be recorded
Every Deed must have a Real Estate Sales Validation Form filled out completely, signed and dated. This is required by the State of Alabama in accordance with Code of Alabama 1975, Section 40-22-1.