What hours is the Lauderdale County Courthouse Open?
- 8 A.M. – 5 P.M. (Monday thru Friday)
What is the Lauderdale County Courthouse 2019 holiday schedule?
The following holidays have been designated for observance in the 2019 calendar year:
January 1 – New Year’s Day
January 18 – Robert E. Lee/Martin Luther King Jr.’s Birthday
February 20 – George Washington/Thomas Jefferson’s Birthday
April 24 – Confederate Memorial Day
May 29 – National Memorial Day
June 5 – Jefferson Davis Birthday
July 4 – Independence Day observance
September 4 – Labor Day
October 9 – Columbus Day/Fraternal Day/ Indian Heritage Day
November 11 – Veteran’s Day
November 23 – Thanksgiving Day
December 25 – Christmas Day
Any changes to this schedule will be provided to each department in writing.
How do I find the Lauderdale County Courthouse?
- The Lauderdale County Courthouse is located in historic downtown Florence on Court Street, between the blocks of Alabama Street and College Street.
What is the population of Lauderdale County?
What is the size of Lauderdale County?
- 670 square miles
Does Lauderdale County maintain any public campgrounds?
- Yes. We maintain two campgrounds that are available from mid-March thru late October each year. For more information call 256-760-5878 or 256-760-5750
Wheeler Reservation Camp Ground – located on Hwy 101 @ the east of end of Wheeler Dam. We offer 30 camping sites with water and electricity at each site. A free dumping station, bathhouse with both men and women’s restrooms, as well as a fishing pier for campers. A camping fee is required to stay of $10.00 plus tax or $8.00 plus tax per night for senior citizens. (60 and up). Operated on a first come – first serve basis. No Reservations. Thirty day maximum stay.
Brush Creek Park – Located on County Road 14 (Waterloo Road) at Wright’s (Brush Creek). Primitive camping only. No electricity, no water, no charge for camping. Has both men and women’s restrooms, cold showers, boat ramp and pier. Thirty day maximum stay.
What are the Farmer’s Market days and hours?
- Starting May 7th – Saturdays only – 6 a.m. till 1 p.m
- Starting June 2nd – Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday – 6 a.m. till 1 p.m
- The month of October- Saturdays only, 6 a.m. till 1 p.m.
- The market is closed yearly from November till April
Any questions about the Florence/Lauderdale Farmer’s Market should be directed to the Lauderdale County Commission, 256-760-5750. Or you may email us at email@example.com